OVERVIEW: WHAT TO EXPECT
Migrations are underway! Although we will contact you when your transition time approaches, feel free to reach out to us with any questions about timing.
HOW LONG DOES THE PROCESS TAKE?
It takes 2 - 6 weeks to migrate and there are two major efforts for every migration:
- Connecting your website to the new VineSpring checkout process.
- Migrating data from V2 to V3. Each of our clients has unique needs, making the timeline vary from client to client.
WHAT ARE THE BROAD-STROKE PHASES OF MIGRATION?
Phase 1: Conversation with VS to discuss what website changes are required and the options/plans available for hooking your website to V3.
Phase 2: Data migration strategy—VineSpring sets up a V3 instance (admin) and migrates all V2 data.
Phase 3: Validate migrated data and become familiar with how V3 works.
Phase 4: Stop taking orders in V2, hook up VS cart, Account and Mailing List/Club Signups to front-end website - and set launch date.
OKAY, GOT IT. SO WHAT EXACTLY IS DIFFERENT IN V3?
1. ORDER STATUSES
- What’s different? In V2, you can create your own custom Order Statuses. In V3, we lock those down.
- Why we do this: Standardizing the Order Statuses has paved the way for expanded functionality, like auto-advancing the statuses based on actions taken in the order.
- What specifically should you be doing in preparation? Start thinking about how you want your custom statuses (if you have any) to map to the standardized Statuses in V3. For instance, if you have a status called, ‘Hold for pickup party’ in V2, you’d want to have that mapped to the ‘Hold’ status in V3.
Here is a list of standardized Order Statuses in V3:
- Sent to Fulfillment
- Awaiting Shipment
2. PAYMENT STATUSES
- What’s different? Only ‘PAID’ orders will migrate to V3.
- Why we do this: We don’t want want partial orders in both V2 and V3, as it will cause a bookkeeping headache. It’s best to start fresh.
- What specifically should you be doing in preparation? Clean up any orders that are Unpaid, Partially Paid or Overpaid.
3. MULTIPLE SHIPMENTS
- What’s different? Multiple Shipments do not exist in V3. If items are shipping to different addresses, separate orders must be created.
- Why we do this: It keeps compliance checking and accounting very clean from a data perspective.
- What specifically should you be doing in preparation? Starting now, split any future orders with multiple shipments into separate orders.
Note: Orders that have multiple shipments will be imported into V3, but they will be ‘flattened’, meaning that the first shipping address will be used on the order itself, and any additional shipping addresses will be added in the Notes.
3. EMAIL ADDRESSES
- What’s different? Only properly formatted email addresses will be imported into V3.
- Why we do this: We want only good email addresses migrated - this makes for much cleaner data.
- What specifically should you be doing in preparation? Support will provide you with an audit detailing malformed email addresses. Correct or delete prior to migration date.
4. BONE UP ON V3
- What’s different? Actually, quite a bit...ranging from how orders are created and managed...to the look and feel of the screens...so there’s a lot of exciting, new stuff to digest.
- What specifically should you be doing in preparation? We have a full knowledge base to get you familiar, including training videos. We encourage you to explore and ask as many questions as possible! Our goal is to be sure that you’re totally comfortable with how V3 works prior to your migration.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE ENHANCEMENTS I CAN LOOK FORWARD TO?
The new VineSpring is more than an upgrade, it’s a completely new platform to address the needs of subscription (clubs + allocations) businesses. Some key features:
- Improved subscription management, including custom clubs
- MailChimp auto-sync, campaign ROI tracking and marketing automation
- Easy, more flexible ways to integrate VineSpring with your website
- Enhanced Square POS and ShipCompliant integrations
- API and Webhooks for easy connections to 3rd party tools and systems
WHAT IS THE PRICING FOR V3?
We have four different plans to make sure we get the right features to the right customers at the right price. Please visit our pricing page to review the plans and associated features.
Starter - $99 / month
Standard - $199 / month
Professional - $399 / month
Custom - Call for pricing
Let us know if you have any questions at all! We are always just a phone call, email or chat away.