Markdown allows you to write using an easy-to-read, easy-to-write plain text format, then convert it to structurally valid HTML.
Here's an example of Markdown used in a Product Description:
And here is the result on your website:
This is a guide to the kinds of markdown Admins can use within designated areas of the VineSpring 3 Storefront.
- Settings → Storefront → AccountArea
- Settings → Storefront →Checkout → Shipping Policy
- Settings → Storefront → Footer- About Us
- Settings → Storefront →Registration - Header Introduction
- Settings → Storefront →Registration - Success -Text
- Settings → Products → EditProduct Details → Description
- Clubs → →Edit→ Signup Details(other?)
Markdown does not work in the following locations:
- Settings →Products → Edit Product Details → Teaser
- Settings →Products → SKU Detail → Allocation → Message
- Areas that specifically support HTML.
ALL of the following markdown IS supported:
- Creating a line
- Ordered lists, with sub-itemsUnordered lists, with sub-items
- Line breaks
- Paragraph breaks
- Inline links, with and without hover text
- Inline relative links, with and without hover text
- Display of non-clickable links (not recommended, as the display text is not formatted prettily).
- Tables (not recommended, as they’re hard to format)
The following markdown IS NOT supported:
- Changing text colors
- Changing text size
- Simple indentation of a line of text
- Display of images