There are two areas where customers can make a purchase on your web store: the open storefront and the allocation page. The open storefront displays products to a customer whether or not they are logged in, and might also display allocated products. Follow these steps to remove the "add to cart" for an allocated product and enter a custom message directing your customer to the allocation page:
- Navigate to the Products tab
- Search for and open the allocated product
- Click the monitor icon (Edit display details) in the upper right.
- Scroll down to Allocation and check the box next to, Treat this product as allocated for display purposes.
- Enter a custom message in the Allocation Message box. This field accepts HTML. Example:
This product is allocated to our mailing list customers. <a href="/account#allocations">Click here to view your allocation</a>
After saving your changes, be sure to look at the storefront on your website to see how the allocation message looks and test the link to make sure it works.