NOTE: this page refers to “transactional” emails sent from within VineSpring, and does not refer to marketing campaigns sent through MailChimp.
VineSpring provides a default set of templates for common customer interactions. This includes order confirmations, lost passwords, club signups, and customer registrations. These templates are ready to use out of the box, or you can customize them to match your needs.
How do I customize an existing template?
- Navigate to Site > Email Templates.
- Choose the template you wish to modify.
- Click the “HTML Code” box to modify the existing text.
NOTE: Be careful to not disturb any of the HTML code around the message so the formatting remains intact.
- Click Preview to review your edits.
- Click Save Changes.
What are variables, and how do I use them?
Variables allow you to insert dynamic information such as the customer’s name or current order number. When you see something surrounded by curly braces, this tells the system to insert the customer’s first name in place of that variable.
NOTE: Variables differ for each template. See a list of variables for each template.
How do I create a custom template?
- Click on the + icon in the upper right corner of your screen (or Create New Template on mobile).
- Click the Labels to assign this template to a specific area of the system. If this template is to be used to send emails from the Customer Profile, check the Customers label. If this template is to be used as an order summary, check the Orders label.
- Click Preview to save your edits.
- Click Save Changes.
How do I customize my templates with a logo, colors, or other branding?
This takes a bit of HTML knowledge to accomplish. For very simple edits, reference this article for commonly-used HTML tags. If you are not familiar with HTML (and require more extensive customization), we suggest reaching out to your designer for assistance with this. If your designer has questions, please feel free to have him/her reach out to VineSpring Support for help.
Where can I see analytics for sent emails?
From within a Customer Profile, click on the Emails tab. You will see a history of emails sent to that customer, along with timestamp and current status.